Friday, July 20, 2007

Innocence in their eyes

Today, the majority of our team went to New Life Orphanage to help paint the new building for the children. It will be dedicated tomorrow. What a blessing for these children to have a new building so that the boys and girls can each have their own space. It truely amazes me at times all that we take for granted back at home. I am so greatful and thankful to God that my children and I have a home to feel safe in. This building has no glass in the windows and no carpet on the floors, but it is such a blessing for these children to have. They greeted us with smiles on their faces and innocence in their eyes. After we were done painting we spent time playing ball and other games with them. Just like all children they love to play, hold your hand, sit on your lap and feel special. When it came time to leave they all came out to the vans to wave goodbye. I hated to leave! I am so thankful for the privelege to be here in Cambodia and to be able to sow into the lives of these children and the lives of others while I am here. I believe that this orphange is a starting point for each of these children to build a new life, with Jesus as the center. My prayer is that they will grow up and become awesome christian leaders in the country, making a difference for their generation.

Tracy Litzer

No comments: