Sunday, July 22, 2007

The Kingdom of Heaven and the Kingdom of Cambodia

Our team just got back from the Faith Bible Church in Cambodia where the guest speaker, Jenny Huang preached a great message on how Jesus was moved with compassion on the people that he ministered to. For me, this missions trip began with much prayer for the people of Cambodia. The book of I Timothy 2 (praying for Cambodia version) states:

1I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all Cambodians...
2For kings, and for all that are in authority; that all people in the Nation of Cambodia may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

Your prayer mission is as follows according to this prayer list:
King Norodom Sihamoni, head of government: Prime Minister Hun Sen; Deputy Prime Ministers Sar Kheng; Sok An, Lu Lay Sreng, Tea Banh, Hor Namhong, Nhek Bunchhay, Kev Put Reaksmei. Also pray for the Cambodian National Assembly, because this is the place where many decisions are made. Your help in this effort is greatly appreciated.

Gifts of Love, Gifts of Peace, Gifts of Joy within Cambodia, manifest now in the name of Jesus Christ. Lets get busy with Divine Appointments... I ordered 45 copies of the Jesus Film in 6 different languages (http://www.jesusfilm.org/) before we left. During our first morning in Cambodia, I was riding the elevator with an American. My first impression was that he was with ont of the GoGlobal groups. He informed me that he was a missionary.... "Do you want a copy of the Jesus Film?" I asked. He told me "We rented equipment to show the Jesus Film to a village next week, and we had been unable to get a copy of it, that would be great." I gave him the versions for North and Central Khmer, and a copy for an undisclosed country.... undisclosed because the Bible, and Christianity are illegal in some parts of Asia. Moving the word of God into Asia is definitely on my Todo List.

Would you believe me if I said that we are the ones who can make the change in Cambodia today? The future of Cambodia has yet to be written. Please continue to pray for people in Cambodia, and the successful preaching of the Word of God unhindered.

I John 4; 7 Beloved, let us love Cambodians, for Love is of God, and everyone that Loves is born of God, and knows God.

It is good to fellowship with our Cambodian brothers and sisters overseas. The fact is that Hope Cambodia will not be over in August. The impact of our prayers and our Love for the people of Cambodia has an everlasting impact. I also would like to come back here.... So lets also pray for the manifestation of Hope Cambodia II; The Festival Continues. Much love to all of the Celebration friends and family, and for the blessed brothers and sisters on our team. Peace on Earth, Goodwill toward Cambodians.

Dean Gilliland

No comments: