Thursday, July 19, 2007

Taking a step of faith

It shocks some of my family members when I informed them that I've been called to venture out into areas of the world that don't have the best tract record, but I follow that faith. Many steps of faith that I've taken were turn offs especially to my father here on earth. He tells me of the high risk I am taking and all about the incidents that have taken place in the respected country I've been called to. I try to explain that I'm taking a step of faith. In Psalms 23 v.3 It stakes "as I walk through the valley of the shadow of death you are with me Lord." Therefore I tell you fear no one or anything. I deny myself take up my cross and follow Jesus. In the process I'm able through Christ to see the world through my own eyes and not the tainted view of the media.

Though my first step of faith rendered my being on life support and paralyzed, I still focus on the plan and mission I was given. Through following Jesus on these missions to parts of the world, The Lord has led me to inspire those who thought they had it bad. You see that first step of faith when I was 12 open my eyes to how easy it was for everything I've been given to disappear. The Lord has used the adversity that I've overcome through him to inspire others that "Quitting is not an option." It is no different today half way around the world in Cambodia as it was in my comfortable hometown. The mission is the mission is the same just a different time and place.

The people of Cambodia have been great. The look in their eyes is of being lost and a cry for help. They want more out of this life and we are the resolution or cure. If anything we are the light to a new world of Jesus Christ. I think the culture shock is gone now, but for each new heart that is touched brings the feeling all back. Let us remember we are all called to the great commission. Will you follow that calling either home or abroad. Or will you simply brush it off due to being in an inconvient or high risk position.
Robert O'Gorman

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Hello team, Glad you guys arrived safely. We are praying for you all. Somebody tell Tracey I am so excited she is there.
Lisa Johnson

Yolanda said...

Hello Robert, it's me yolanda! I read your blog and I was encouraged and inspired again! I have been checking you guys' entries out! I am so glad you guys are shining Jesus's light into the world. It's so lovely to hear God's love is preading. You guys are so awesome for hearing God's voice and listening to Him, rock on!

Bonnie Martin Sipe said...

The Spirit of the Lord God is upon you, Robert; because the Lord has anointed you to preach good tidings unto the meek; he has sent you to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison the them that are bound.

To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn.

To appoint unto them that mourn, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness, that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified.

And they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations.....
-Isaish 61:1-4

How appropriate for this trip!