Saturday, July 21, 2007

Raising Hands in Worship

Tonight was absolutely AMAZING!!! It was the second night of the Festival of Hope, and the worship team did an awesome job, as well as Pastor John Siebling from Life Church of Memphis.

I was told that every night would have more and more attendence, but tonight blew my mind. We estimated that at least 3,000 people were there, and they stayed the whole time. The Festival started with worship from the Khmer band, and then Dougie and the worship team played a few songs. Pastor John Siebling preached for a little while with a great message about salvation, and then the worship team rocked it out 'til the end. If I had to choose the perfect day, today would be it. Everything went absolutely perfect. The sound level was awesome, and the participation in the crowd was out of control. Everyone was jumping up and down, raising their hands, and cheering with the music.

For those who don't know me, my passion is music. I absolutely love praise and worship and will sing my heart out, but I've never been the one in the front row at church with my hands in the air. For some reason I have never been able to just let go and show how I feel when I'm singing about the most important Person in my life.

During worship tonight, I was looking around and seeing all of the amazing people that were literally surrounding me. There were people who didn't even know what the songs were saying that had their hands in the air. I could just see the love for God in their eyes and the huge smiles on their faces. It was at that point that I just let go. It was the most freeing sense that I have ever felt. I was able to show God the love that He deserves by raising my hands and giving all that I have to Him. I found myself cheering and jumping up and down until I couldn't physically do it anymore. I was so exhausted yet so energized and on fire for God that nothing else mattered. It sounds like something so simple and easy, but it has definitely changed my life and my walk with God.

You know, when I think of a mission trip, I think about myself helping others in such a great way, but this is a testimony of how I was changed by others and I wouldn't take today back for the world. God Bless you all. We miss you and we will miss them here when we leave, but just know that God is doing AMAZING things here in Cambodia. Lives are being changed as well as our own, and we can raise our hands to God in praise for giving us such a great opportunity.

United in Christ,

Samantha Ziesk

5 comments:

Yolanda said...

My name is Yolanda and I go to Celebration! I have been loooking at you guys' blog a bit and wow! So awesome to hear how Jesus is moving and changing already! I am encouraged and inspired by hearing/reading about what is happening. I feel the tears welling in my eyes now, I can't image how it would be if I was actually over there. God is so good!

shawnee said...

Samantha,
So glad to hear you are enjoying yourself. Loved the photos and the post from Trevor also. Hope the rest of your trip
is as enjoyable for you all. Keep raising your hands you deserve the wonderful feeling. Give the kids a hug for me. Love to you all.
Aunt Denise

Mom said...

Hey Honey.
I can't be any happier to hear this. I only wish I could be there with you all. I am so Proud of you and Trevor for keeping the faith and do this. Next time baby we get to do it together. I love you and miss you and can't wait to see more photos and hear in person all of your wonderful experiences. By the way, I'm too young to be a grandmothers, so don't be adopting any kids yet. haha I love you all the world!!
Mom

Diane Buckley said...

I am thinking of you all of the time and all our friends and family are very excited for you with your experiences. I read Trevor's Blog. How exciting.
Just wanted to say Hi and I Love you all the world!!! XXXOOO MOM

Anonymous said...

My Dear Sweet Sammy,
I am so glad to hear God is touching your heart and heart of others in so many ways. Go God!I hope you continue to enjoy yourself and share that wounderful,warm,sweet smile of yours. Take good care and know that I am thinking of you and Trevor.
I love you
Mare Mare
mama#2